Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Event Decor

My 8-5 job is event planning for the Florida State University Foundation. Lately I have been working on the decor for several events we have this spring. Below are some images that I have complied for an annual luncheon near the end of February.
"Corporate Events" can have expectations of formality, but I am attempting to give this event some fun and whimsical elements, while keeping our attendees up to date on trends, like the oversized balloons. (I wish I could throw in a dessert table)
My inspiration came from the napkins shaped like a bow tie and continued once I saw the lemon centerpieces, the carnation balls and the individual cupcakes at each setting. My hope is that it won't look too much like a shower but will still carry a subtle yellow theme.

7 comments:

MaryBeth Houlihan said...

i love the images you pulled! they are amazing. i think yellow is perfect for a spring event -- so fresh. good luck planning!

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

I LOVE IT! It is so fun and cheery. I am saving these images... thanks!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I love the yellow - so perfect for spring!

Cara Kuhl said...

Yellow is perfect ~ for spring and for corporate! Those bow tie napkins are just gosh darn cute!

Donna said...

Love these colors...

Rachel said...

Love it! I think it'll be bright and cheery and fun.

mary caroline said...

great ideas! I love that you are trying to stylize corporate events :)