Friday, July 9, 2010

Travel.

We celebrated the holiday weekend in the mountains of North Carolina. During our three day stay we visited Waynesville, Asheville and then made a short stop to Highlands. We went with one of our favorite couples in the world and brought our dog, Buster, along.
We popped some bottles to celebrate being together.

Asheville was a delightful day trip. We ate lunch at the Tupelo Honey Cafe, which is a popular place, so put your name on the waiting list and shop around until your table is ready. I had an awesome black bean burger and Tony had their famous southern fried chicken BLT, both were delicious entrees.
Then we went to some antique stores: Antique Tobacco Barn and Screen Door.


It's hard to describe the treasures within these two places. Both stores were massive warehouses that had smaller vendor areas within the building. I preferred the Screen Door because it was smaller and more manageable to walk through.

The items that really caught my eye in this store would look better as display pieces in a store or a large barn. As much as I'd like to, I don't think that I can fit 12' console/utility tables into our home. I am ashamed to say I walked out with nothing. I can't believe it. I was so defeated, but I felt bad having our friends wait on me at the front of the store. They assured me they were not in a hurry but the husband, Nate, walked around this 25,000 sq ft building in three minutes and said to his wife, Meghan, "I've seen everything in here, there's nothing good."

That made me laugh so hard because I easily could have spent an afternoon in this store.




This was a real Louis Vuitton. There really is something for everyone in these stores, you just have to look.
At the end of our trip we stopped through Highlands to visit my grandmother-who-is-one-of-my-favorite-people-on-this-planet. She had the table set and lunch in the oven. She's such a wonderful hostess and she is also primarily responsible for my love of home decor (you too mom). Look at my photogenic husband.

Nanu had a forwarded email printed out and ready to share with us and I'm sure she'd want to share it with you...
Nanu also had her flowers blooming.

Here's the lovely woman I've been raving about.

A final look at the mountains
I can't believe a week has already passed. I wish you all a wonderful, family-and-friends filled weekend.

No comments: