Friday, September 10, 2010

The Best of Country Living.

I must say Country Living delivered my favorite story/home feature in their October 2010 Issue.

This 1,000 sq ft bunglaw belongs to Lizze Carney, of euro trash. Listen to the adjectives given to this space: "Lizzy painted every wall the same custom-mixed charcoal hue; the floors throughout wear a paler shade of gray. In the living room, contrasting color and texture come from pink pillows and weathered woods: oxidized oak shutters and a coffee table made from reclaimed lumber."

If I was a single gal, I'd mimic this space and buy myself a tiny vintage refrigerator. I showed my husband this story thinking his jaw would drop and he said "the walls are too dark for that small space." Agree to disagree.

Look at her living room + wine cellar.

a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

Lizze says: "Don't wait to enjoy the good stuff. Use your china when eating a hamburger."

She turned her second bedroom into a walk-in closet. She spray-painted an outdoor rug into the Union Jack flag.

Darling, simply darling!

2 comments:

TupeloLove said...

Wow, I love it. Sometimes it's intimidating to be that bold, but it's always worth it when you go for it!

paula said...

oh my, I LOVE it! can't wait till the issue hits stores.