Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Vacation Recommendations.

Here's one of the highlights of my Christmas break. Tony and I spent 3 nights in the Keys. We stayed in Islamorada at the La Siesta. It's a low key, well maintained and very affordable property.


Tony worked on a campaign in the Keys and lived there for a few months, so I feel the need to share our itinerary with you in case you are making a trip.

We ate at awesome dives. El Siboney, a Cuban restaurant, in Key West is a must. Keys Fisheries in Marathon is Tony's favorite seafood. You eat right on the deck where the boats come in. See photo below. One of my favorite meals was from a d.i.ve. called Mrs. Macs in Key Largo. I do not really like Key Lime Pie, but I must agree with the sign, it is world famous and delicious.


We spent an afternoon in Key West. We rented bikes so we could see more of the town. In my opinion, Duval Street is an overcrowded dump. We shopped in Besame Mucho, a french eclectic, apothecary, letter pressed card and jewelry store.

We soaked up some sun at Bahia Honda State Park
This is a picture of the former overseas railroad, aka Flagler's Folly.

Tony fed some Tarpon at Robbie's in Islamorada.
We enjoyed a beautiful sunset as we traveled home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lovely vacation! Thanks for sharing :)