Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Finale, Venice.

It's time to wrap up my ultra inspiring vacation recap. Our last stop on our Italian vacation was for 2 nights in Venice. It took a 12 hour train ride, instead of 5 to get there from Cinque Terre because the train union was on strike. We were stranded in Cinque Terre for 4 hours, but there are worse places to be stuck. This was our view from the train platform.

Here are some snap shots of Venice from the water taxi ride to our hotel:

The marble in St. Marks was unbelievable. It looked like woven fabric. The gold mosaic ceiling was beyond impressive. I wish I could be there when these structures were being built.
We had to take a break from the crowds, so we crossed the grand canal and visited the church, San Giorgio Maggiore, with a bell tower view of the main island.

We saw a hedge maze being planted.

And that concludes our trip. We were so grateful to be able to go and spend this time together, being captivated by the beauty of Italy. Italy will hold a magical place in our marriage. I would recommend saving your pennies to go, travel anywhere. If you have questions about our trip please don't hesitate to email me. If you have recommendations, please don't hold out on me either! I hope you enjoyed the recap.
Ciao!

5 comments:

Lisbeth said...

SO beautiful! ALL of it! What type of camera do you use? I am about to buy my first Dslr and your pics are amazing, any suggestions?

Sécia Mischke said...

Amazing.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

wowa said...

ash.. your pics are breathtaking! i had to wipe the drool off my computer just reading and viewing the photos. it also brought back great memories of my weekend with amy in rome during our study abroad in spain :) thanks for sharing cutes!

Jesse {wefancythat.blogspot.com} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesse {wefancythat.blogspot.com} said...

what great pictures! if you don't mind sharing, what hotel did yall stay in? brought back great memories of my honeymoon;venice is enchanting!