Monday, December 12, 2011

Santo Domingo.

I am a little behind on posting. Over Thanksgiving, my family went to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic to celebrate my grandmother's (Nanu) 85th birthday. She probably wouldn't like me publicizing her age, but she doesn't use the computer, so I'm safe.
Here are some highlights of the trip:

The hotel set up a surprise party for her and got her age wrong.

I quickly corrected it and shimmied some flower petals off to reflect 85.







One afternoon we took an excursion from the hotel to the historic part of the city. Historic parts are always my favorite.


I felt like I was back in Italy with this church




I told my husband if we ever get really rich, I wanted that Land Rover. He assured me if we ever get rich, we will never buy that car and we will always find better things to do with our money. He keeps me humble folks.


2 comments:

emily/thesearethedays said...

Love the Land Rover comment! Aaron and I recently had a similar conversation and he reached the same conclusion Tony did :)

Michelle said...

She is adorable! Looks like you had a great time!