Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Real Estate Stalking: Thomasville, GA

My favorite app is Realtor.com. When we travel through a great neighborhood, I always search "homes nearby" to get a peek into the houses and see the price range. We live 40 miles from Thomasville, GA, and while I am quite content in Tallahassee, when I visit Thomasville, I always want to move into a charming historic home from the 1800's. 

There are many lovely historic homes for sale from the 1800's and early 1900's. Tall ceilings, endless millwork, pocket doors + multiple fireplaces are what my dreams consist of.  Strangely, I came back 3 times to this ranch style, built in 1981, low ceilings and all. 

Take a look: 










Usually I prefer the architecture or the bones of the house to do the "heavy lifting" in design, but this house is a perfect example of the power of decorating. There is so much restraint used (by keeping the floors the same and painting most walls white). Restraint is hard and I believe it's undervalued, I'll post about that later.  

You can see more photos and the listing here.

No comments: