Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tangents


"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates
As 2009 rolls around and resolutions are tossed about, I am setting mine.
Drum roll please...I am going to start journaling again. I used to have a great habit of waking up early, reading my Bible and journaling while sipping coffee. However, since marriage, it's too tempting to stay in bed until the last possible moment with the husband, so this habit has slipped.
I've learned I need to write my streams of conscious thoughts because somehow life makes more sense to me when it is written down. I have always been jealous of people who can communicate so articulately through speech, but I do alright when it's in written form.
Writing also helps me see what I am learning in my life and area's I need to be refined in. So hopefully when you say: "Hey Ashley, how are you doing? or how can I pray for you" I can be more specific in sharing what is going on in my life instead of the typical "good, I've been really busy, blah, blah, blah." Because more sharing of quality thoughts and feelings = better friendships. It's true. Try it out.
What are your New Years Resolutions?
...oh and one more thing better posture, so please feel free to correct me when you see me slouch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ash- Heather and I made our resolutions for 2009 last night during the ride back to town. You'll have to hear em :). But, I forgot to include the posture thing in mine! So, feel free to fix me too..