Friday, March 5, 2010

Gardening.

My sweet mother in law is coming to visit us in a couple of weeks. She has quite the green thumb and our yard is in need of her expertise after the winter we have experienced. Lucky for me, I have an event all weekend so I get to skip the outdoor gardening {between us, I have not yet come to appreciate the work aspect of landscaping}
What I am doing is collecting some images of window boxes that I adore and would love to plant under our kitchen window.
The first is a window box I saw in Charleston last year. This is the mecca of window boxes and something I aspire to keep alive, maybe in my retirement years but not now.

This next one seems a little more "do-able"
The one plant I'd love to see added to our home is the bougainvillea. Maybe it's my South Florida roots or because my mom loves them so much, but I want this little sucker blooming on my house.

Oh yes, I might be in trouble for posting this, but here's a photo of my mother in law that last time she came to help up landscape. Di, remember that was the first day I actually liked beer? I have you to thank for that. Can't wait to see you!

I'll have some before and after photos in a few weeks.

Enjoy the weekend.

4 comments:

paula said...

she is a pro! love the images. I can't wait to see how my garden looks this year. nervous with the winter we had.

Kirsten Krason said...

I wish you could come help me learn to garden. I totally have a black thumb.

Cara Kuhl said...

Oh goodie ~ I'm looking forward to seeing the before and afters :) Your mother in law looks like such an endearing woman!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

That is a great picture of your mother in law! Your inspiration pictures beautiful, I can't wait to get out there and start planting!
Glad I found you!