Monday, June 6, 2011

Montalcino.

After spending three nights in Rome, we rented a Fiat Panda and drove to Montalcino, a fortressed city in Tuscany. This stop was one of our favorites of the vacation. The city is very quaint, it makes you feel like you are a spectator while the locals are hard at work. The main attraction is the wine, so out of the 20 shops in this town, 15 or more carried solely wine. Two tips if you are planning a trip to Italy: 1. Rent a car with GPS (this was just plain helpful) 2. Stay for more than one night in Tuscany.


the city from the back


My favorite shop was a combination of wine, candles and fabric. I bought a meter of white and grey 100% linen striped fabric. I'll be back later to show you a project with my fabric.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm so glad you loved Montalcino! And can I tell you how neat it is to look at your photos and be able to identify most of them? :)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! This was my favorite place in Tuscany- I felt like a princess

Sécia Mischke said...

OMG. Cheese and other yummies!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Jenna said...

I love your photos - they are absolutely stunning! And you've convinced me that tuscany is the first place I'll be visiting when I go to Italy one day :)

xoxo
Jenna

Anonymous said...

I am simply loving your photos! I feel like I'm taking a vacay to Itay. And I adore it. Thanks for letting us come along for this ride!

p.s. Jealous you went to Tuscany!! On my list.