Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Marble Countertops









Countertops is the one part of this renovation that has me stumped. I've been wanting something without bold variation in the color palette. There is no perfect countertop, which is great because I can't keep my house perfect anyways.

What I do know is: I love that marble back splash and what better choice than a marble countertop to maintain unity throughout the design? It has been said that marble is soft and likely to be stained and nicked. Here is a man who has done thorough research/testing of marble. (here is more info on countertop pros and cons)

Like I said, our home was built in the 1940's and I find it very fitting for white cabinets and marble countertops. The husband thinks its too formal. This this might be a general male preference like labs over chihuahuas's; steak over tofu; flat screen tv purchase before the couch or a football game over a j.mayer concert. ( I would also take a lab and steak over the options I gave and my husband does endure those concerts with me)

“White marble is still the most requested kitchen countertop material, although clients are now using marbles in other colors as well.” —Matthew Quinn from Atlanta Home Magazine

2 comments:

Danielle said...

love those countertops! I picked something similar and Micah shot me down too. Maybe one day!

Smitten Design said...

So sad! But your kitchen does look amazing as is.
I'm going to fight for it :)