Friday, November 14, 2008

Painted Floors

This week I have been loving painted floors (see Sara Story and Atlanta Home Magazine). Adding this detail would be great for an entry way. Atlanta Magazine says: "It's a unique and cost-conscious way to add a clean and simple look to your room or, if you have the help of a professional, to add an intricate and interesting pattern and sophistication to your flooring. Often older homes have lackluster wood flooring and people have to consider refinishing or replacing them. But what about the third option of painting them? Whatever your flooring choice may be, you want it to be ultra-durable, so your best bet is probably a professional."
I've also noticed white painted floors in the dressing rooms at Forever 21 and also Pottery Barn catalogues. Too bad I love our floors or I would be considering getting my painters tape out this weekend and designing a pattern in our hallway.

No comments: