Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quotes.

In the spirit of themes, I've been collecting these little quotes for a while and I wanted to group them all together for a post. (Remember what I told you about the power of grouping) I hesitate to reveal my thoughts instead of simply posting images and letting the images speak for themselves, but I will explain why I find them meaningful.

I admire words (and people that can convey them articulately). Communication has never been my strong suit- I just cannot unleash my thoughts in an adequate fashion. The internal and external do not always match up and I find this disparity frustrating. I often enjoy reading other people's words and lyrics and say "that's exactly what I couldn't pin down"

If you want to read a beautiful excerpt on the quote below I recommend Miles Stanford, Principles of Spiritual Growth. The time chapter has changed my life but the whole book is wonderful.



I have to preach this to myself because I can be quite a bit selfish.





I took this picture below when Tony and I were in New Orleans.


The majority of these little wits of wisdom are from The Bottom of the Ironing Basket plus Pink Wallpaper.

3 comments:

teri andrea said...

i think this is one of my favorite posts, mrs. ashley. thanks for that!

beachvintage.com said...

Love all these quotes, thanks for making me smile.

Unknown said...

ahhh I'm so glad you posted this~ I saw the artist that drew the boat picture on etsy the other day and forgot to save her to my favorites and have been looking for her ever since! Woo Hoo! :)