Thursday, September 5, 2013

A before and after.

Never trust me when I say "I'll be back tomorrow to post". A few weeks ago, I shared some images  but I wanted to come back and share the before. In order to truly appreciate the finished product, you have to see the state it was in before. 

This house had a leak that started in the walls and spread to the floors, which meant we were able to demo quite a bit of the house. So let's call it a blank slate.  A few decisions I am happy I made:
1. We drywalled over the blocky shelves above the fireplace. I added brass sconces and inset the TV in the drywall. It just looks cleaner. 




2. I had this wall removed to make the kitchen, living room and dining room open to each other. 











3. We painted the walls white and the trim + doors grey. I debated about this for a long time, but I love how it updated the house.


More photos of this house here

10 comments:

Valerie said...

Be still my heart.
It is beautiful!

Katherine said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!

char@marshallhousematters.com said...

Just popped over from 6th Street Design School. Love your drapes and dining area chandelier

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

So very pretty! Did you paint the woodwork throughout your home or just in this part?

SHERRY HART said...

Holy gorgeous kitchen.....love every detail!

Anonymous said...

Sources please - especially light fixtures!
Thanks - beautiful job!

Naomi said...

Wow, I am in love with your kitchen... and basically your whole house! lol Spectacular job :)

AntiqueChase said...

Happy to have found your blog thru Cottage and Vine. New follower. Come by and say hi if you have time :)
Marcy

pve design said...

Girl, you done good. No, GREAT!!!
pve

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

I LOVE your before and afters!! So so good! It looks like such a typical builder-grade home in the before photos (what is up with track home builders always creating such weird walls?!) but the afters are mind blowing- I'd think it was a custom home. Insanely gorgeous!